The start of something

I meant to start this blog some time ago, well before I published my first book. Whoops. Too late.  Its past that point now, and although I wish I started sooner, it is what it is. I've learned a lot over the course of writing that book. Mostly about how writing is more of job than hobbey. You sit down, put the work in and out comes something. For my first time finishing a book, I'm pretty pleased with it, even though its not the greatest work I'll ever do. That isn't to say the work I put out was not my best, quite the opposite. The stories I put out in Wildman Thrag are the best work I could put out at this point in time. You see the thing is, since I'm still new to the craft of writing, I'm constantly improving every day.

That's one of the major benefits of forcing yourself to write daily. On days I just didn't feel up to it, I would make myself sit down and put words on the page. Just like every other skill I've learned in life, it takes practice to become good at it. You're going to suck and fail when you start out, and nobody who's paying attention will think you're doing good. However, you keep at it, you'll find yourself improving, and you'll stop making the same mistakes. Iteration is key to success. Each time you try something, keep what worked, and toss what didn't. Eventually you'll produce something wonderful and worthwhile. That's my goal. I want to create great content that people will enjoy.

So while I know that my first novel is not going to be my magnus opus, or even be close to it, I still have a sense of accomplishment from it. Its out there, ready to fly or fail,  (and being honest, I'm excepting it to fail, greatly). That failure that's going to come from it, is going to push me to improve and go to even greater heights. Looking back I already see things I would change and improvements I would make. There's a lot of language in here about home "I" plan to improve, however there's plenty of take away here for everyone who stops by for how they might improve their own lives if they wish as well.


https://www.amazon.com/Wildman-Thrag-Adventures-Book-ebook/dp/B077CS3113/ref=sr_1_1/132-0251207-6569073?ie=UTF8&qid=1510798621&sr=8-1&keywords=wildman+thrag&dpID=51NTOEeFMLL&preST=_SY445_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Comments